Thursday, January 10, 2013

Some random thoughts and highlights

Most of my blog posts going forward will probably consist of some photos, some captions, and maybe a story or two.  If I try to write too much, I'm sure I'll never get around to actually blogging.  So to catch up on my first four days in Bangkok, I give you the following thoughts and highlights:

Day 1: Sunday
Destroy jet-lag, apologize to roommate Marsh for showing up at 3am, walk several blocks to MBK mall (giant 7+ story mall, although imagine 70% of the mall is kiosks), discover Starbucks, get excited, wander to Jim Thompson House for drinks and tour, dinner at a Thai restaurant (repeat this part pretty much every day and meal)

Day 2: Monday
Wake up at 5:30 to listen to Seahawks/Redskins game, brief orientation at school (Sasin Graduate Institute of Business, told that stray dogs outside are actually "guard dogs"), first drink at Starbucks (grande coffee frappucino, used my gold card, no big deal except the cashier commented on the card), went to the Red Sky rooftop bar, spend 80 minutes picking out outfit for first day of class

Day 3: Tuesday
First day of class.  3 1/2 hours of ROI in Human Capital (finally after 1.5 years of class, my HR background is really paying off), 3.5 hours of Investments class (professor discussing puts and calls, short and long, tried to remember what Bill Weld taught me, resolved to try and find a finance monkey in Chiang Mai), go to undergrad gym (break machine and have body builder help me fix it, sweat a lot more than other students), dinner at touristy Cabbage and Condoms restaurant, followed by visit to Bush Gardens Bar (turns out to be right next to brothel)

Day 4: Wednesday
Adventure to Grand Palace...


Once I upload some photos, I'll post a few.

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe you spent 80minutes on your outfit....

    ReplyDelete