Thursday, January 10, 2013

Magic in the Sky

So I've been in Bangkok now for about 5 days, but am now just getting around to blogging.  I figured it I didn't start now, I'd never do it.  Just following the wisdom of the great JBJ (Jon Bon Jovi) when he said "It's Now or Never".

Was GOB supposed to be on my flight?
I'll start at the beginning of my Journey.  I flew Asiana airlines from Seattle to Seoul and Seoul to Bangkok.  According to Asiana's website, some of their flights have a magician on-board.  Was this guy excited about this?  Let's just say I didn't even bother to upload movies on my Kindle Fire.

When I got to the airport and found out I had a middle seat for the 12 hour flight to Seoul, I was not super excited.  Then again, maybe the magician could turn my middle seat into a window seat?  Or transport me directly to Thailand?  Turns out, the only trick was getting me to believe there would be a magician on the flight. 

All in all, my flights were rather uneventful and I mainly just watched a lot of movies.  In the Seoul airport, it is apparently illegal to "tailgate" at the security checkpoint.  I imagine that means something different than it does at a football game in the US, but I decided against playing cornhole just in case.  After leaving Seattle at 1pm on Friday afternoon, I landed in Bangkok at 1am on Sunday morning.  Luckily Sasa House, where I am staying, had a driver at the airport to pick me up. Finally got to sleep around 3am, happy to be in Bangkok.

More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment